2008-08-17

Section 1-4. All things come to those who wait. I have encountered the implantation materials for teeth

One day after I was considering such a long-lasting question in my mind, I met a certain researcher who was engaged in research works related to dental apparatuses, who told me “Cells can grow in the adhesion bond, called as “Super bond” which was developed by our development team”. Although I gave no such question to him, he unintentionally told me such a feature of the new bond. I was so surprised to hear it and shouted “Cells can grow in Super bond?”. He nodded and told me “Yes. Super bond has not been developed to obtain cell growth indication but its affinity to living bodies is extremely high.” I was very excited to hear his comment. “Super bond” has already obtained the official approval by the Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare as the dental material while this material has been employed in our daily treatment, particularly in adhesion of teeth. For more than 1 year, I had looked for the dental materials which could be used for re-implantation of teeth but to my surprise, it was already available as the adhesion bond in the market. Only a chattering with a researcher opened the gate to permit my subsequent strides. There is an old saying “All things come to those who wait”. Whenever we cross our fingers, dreams come true.
Every thing has been ready. All I had to do is to find the opportunity to use them. One day, a 62-year-old woman patient, Hanayama (tentative name), visited our Clinic, complaining of cracking of the submaxillary second molar. Since the conventional dental treatment could not treat it, dentists must extract the cracked molar promptly. However, extraction of this tooth might be associated with difficult aftermath because this molar is located in the most backward position; furthermore, removal might affect chewing ability and bites greatly. In addition, my “Hazo” theory tells us that each tooth represents individual organ. Considering the information emitting features of bilateral teeth to the brain, we must say that significance of retaining this molar is extremely higher.
The new “Hazo” theory provides feasibility to maintain the cracked molar while the useful materials allowing us to materialize such a treatment are already available to us.  I said to her “I believe that this tooth need not to be extracted. Judging from the view point of “Hazo” theory, initial extraction and subsequent amendment of the cracked part with adhesive bond may be associated with reattachment to the bone. I think the success ratio of this intervention is relatively high. If you agree with this, I will try to re-implant this tooth. What do you think about it?”. Hanayama replied by saying “Dr. Muratsu, Please try it”. This patient gave me her consent. Promptly, I decided to perform re-implantation of the said tooth.

No comments: